Jeremiah 29:11-13

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Monday, January 10, 2011

Joyce Meyer's View on "Strife"

And the servant of the Lord must not strive....
—2 Timothy 2:24 KJV 


The following is an excerpt from an article written by Joyce Meyer about strife.  I have been trying to deal with it in its many forms for several months now as I've noticed it in my personal world, especially among my friends.  This puts it in perspective as to why it is happening! These are Joyce Meyer's words, not mine.  :)
"Strife is a thief and a robber which we must learn to recognize and deal with quickly. We must control strife before it controls us. 

Strife is defined as "the act or state of fighting or quarreling, especially bitterly....discord." It is bickering, arguing, being involved in a heated disagreement, or shows up as an angry undercurrent. Strife is dangerous. It is a demonic force sent by Satan for the purpose of destruction. 

The Bible says to resist the devil at his onset. (1 Peter 5:8,9.) Almost any time someone hurts us, or offends us, anger rises up within us. It is not sin to feel anger. But we must not act out the angry feelings in an ungodly way. We must not hold a grudge or get into bitterness, resentment, or unforgiveness. Ephesians 4:26 says don't let your wrath, your anger, last until the sun goes down. 

A judgmental attitude is an open door for strife. We must remember that mercy triumphs over judgment (James 2:13 NIV). Judgment usually leads to gossip. Gossip begins to spread the strife from person to person. It gets us out of agreement, harmony, and unity. It actually moves us out of the realm of God's blessings. 

When the temptation comes to judge others, and then spread our opinion through gossip and backbiting, we should remember this helpful hint: Let the one among us who is without sin cast the first stone. (John 8:7 KJV.) 

Remember: God changes things through prayer and faith, not through judgment and gossip."

No comments:

Post a Comment